Thursday, February 7, 2013

HW 2/7



For this class I could look up old magazines from the special collections to research on my topic of censored media. I can look at the difference of the past to the present day and see how they have changed. I can look at ads that are the same today and compare how they are presented in the article or magazine to see the changes from time. I could use special collections resources for other research papers in other classes such as history or English. Special collections have content that may not be accessible through the internet.  Special collections are an important part of the research process because you could always look up content that use to be available only in the past. Such things as old photos or old novels, that are not available to the public. They have things that you may not have even heard about that you could use in your research paper for facts.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Erin,
    I'm glad to hear that you would be able to use the special collections in your research. I'm sure there would be very interesting findings. Random but I wonder, what if you research the correlation between presidency and media over time. I'm sure you would uncover a lot of censored things about the electoral campaigns. Also I wonder if the things the media would censor would over the course of time would change. I'm sure that the Special Collection would come in handy with a research project of such. Anyways, best of luck!

    ReplyDelete