Wednesday, January 30, 2013

HW 1/31

My topic I’m going to choose is; has todays media become less censored to young viewers than what is accepted or allowed. When researching for my topic under the GIL-Find Catalog, I had positive and bad results.  Just typing in “censorship in media,” came up with many results. However when I typed in “censorship uncontrolled,” no results came up. But just typing in “censorship in media,” did not come up with the exact information I needed. Most of the results were media in school libraries. That has been old news about how some books are not allowed in school libraries because of historical race issues and also sexual content. I am more interested in media such as television and magazines.  When searching ”censorship on television,” some government related points came up which should be useful to me. A primary source I can use for my project would be the book, Anatomy of Censorship. Why the censors have it wrong, by Harry White.

1 comment:

  1. When I was researching for my topic, I also had to make my keywords more specific in order to find useful information. I think that, 'censorship on television' is a good keyword to start off with to find general information. You could make your research more specific by searching, "television and children" since your topic is related to young viewers.

    ReplyDelete