Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Two research topics for final

I’m not quite sure if we are allowed to just pick any kind of research topic we want, but if I could pick any two topics then I would choose either what is the best website for purchasing online or censorship in the media. I always shop online because it is fun to look at things I haven’t seen before. I always go to amazon but I wonder if there are other websites that could be cheaper or have an even more variety of stuff I can buy. My second choice is censorship because I want to know what the rules or laws are for it. You see stuff in movies, online, and on TV that you are not quite sure are allowed or I wonder how they get away with the things they show or even say. If I had to pick out of these two I would pick censorship because I can find a lot of information on it.

1 comment:

  1. Erin,

    Yes, at this point you are free to brainstorm any ideas you're interested in! Over the next couple of weeks we will cover the research process and how to formulate an effective research question, which should be helpful in giving you an idea of what will be best. I think both of your ideas are interesting, especially censorship in the media which you could take many different forms. And as you note, there will be plenty of information out there and no shortage of recent cases to connect it to.

    ReplyDelete